Mercedes-Benz 722.6 (NAG1) Automatic Transmission

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
HenrikGM

Re: Mercedes-Benz 722.6 (NAG1) Automatic Transmission

Post by HenrikGM »

Hi Guys.

Im looking into installing the 722.6 behind a turboed 4cylinder for street/drag application, and im in need of a gearbox controller for it.

The car is allready runnning MS3X, so the natural next step is to go MShift.

I tried downloading the code, but it comes with a warning, that seems to indicate the code option is there, but not useable.

Does anyone know if the code option for 722.6 NAG/Mercedes has been discontinued or abandoned?

If the intention is still there, are we needing testers?
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Henrik, There was one user pushing for NAG1 capability for a commercial application. This user was digging out the information required and was going to do the testing that was needed. But we haven't heard from that user for over a year, so I assume they are no longer interested. If someone else wants NAG1 capability and can step into that role, then development could continue.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
trazique

Post by trazique »

Hello I too am in the market looking for a controller for the 722.6, I have converted a 1985 Mercedes 380SL to MS3X (still running strong since 2013-14).
I am currently planning to swap the weak M116 V8 3.8 & 722.3 to a M103 inline-6 3.0 and bolting it to a 722.6
My build: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107- ... gress.html

My daily driver is a 1999 Mercedes CLK430 (722.6 NAG1). It goes a long way if you have a good test mule and I am ready to get started ASAP.

I am open and ready to be a part of this breakthrough with MS