Anyone in So Cal able to assist with tuning?

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
mcneil

Anyone in So Cal able to assist with tuning?

Post by mcneil »

Hi all,

I'm stuck and could use some expert eyes on the project. Is there anyone in the So Cal area who'd be willing to assist? I'm willing to pay shop rates at this point.

Vehicle is a 2000 Jeep Wrangler with a VW 1.9 TDI mated to a 4L65e. There's a MSGPIO/MegaShift controller built per the B&G build guide. It runs great and will shift through all gears.. usually. I'm having trouble with getting the VSS to function consistently. There also may be an issue with low line pressure if my gauge isn't telling me the truth.

These forums have been great for getting me to this point but this last issue appears to need better eyes than mine.

Most of my history on it is here:
search.php?keywords=jeep
Rukavina

Re: Anyone in So Cal able to assist with tuning?

Post by Rukavina »

Grab a drac off of a Chevy. I could not get the "oem" gpio vss to work so I made a custom vss circuit but it flip flopped and doubled the input pulse frequency. Then I did the drac mod and it works real good. One of the issues I was having with the custom thing I made is I also run the " cable x " mechanical speedo converter and it never worked right until the drac mod. Now that works great too
mcneil

Post by mcneil »

Ok, will try the DRAC next.

How about the serial connection? Pin 17 is the sensor ground, currently I have it connected to the trans temp sensor ground, serial comm ground (DB9 pin5), line pressure ground, AND VSS.
Can I move the serial ground to chassis ground?
mcneil

Post by mcneil »

Also my offer to pay for help stands even if the VSS gets working. If nothing else, I'd love to have a second set of eyes look this over.
Rukavina

Post by Rukavina »

The manual says 17-20...I think... are good for serial ground. I would keep it close to the plug on gpio to avoid noise/ground loop issues
Busy with frightdome setup here in vegas but if get some time I will post pics/schematic of how I did it.......