MS3 1.4.X CAN OFFSET on 4.146

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
superdve

MS3 1.4.X CAN OFFSET on 4.146

Post by superdve »

I'm trying to get idle up and spark to work on 4.146, I've tried all the usual offsets 512/630 and it looks like James Murray says 1144 is correct now.
Anyone have this working? My 2JZ needs it. FWIW, I went in and edited the .ini to allow an input past 1024, not sure if that will do it or not!

-Dave Buckshaw
Rukavina

Re: MS3 1.4.X CAN OFFSET on 4.146

Post by Rukavina »

Question. Have you thought about firmware update? 5202 is the latest and it does have can comm fixes in it regarding issues with msextra tuner studio and pages crashing due to overflow..... I think. Either way it's a lot newer than what you are running. I think 4146 was the first code I loaded 3.5 years ago....
superdve

Post by superdve »

I have thought about it, but I'm worried that I might be running some hybrid 4.146 that Lance developed for me...
superdve

Post by superdve »

Can you enable shift spark retard and idle step up on 5202?
Rukavina

Post by Rukavina »

Yes for both. I am on msextra 3.4.2 and gpio 5201 at the moment. I have not had a chance to go 5202 yet. I believe the fixes were due to something I had issue with. There will also be fixes in tuner studio on its next version for the same problem too. I can double check today if idle up is there or in Ms but shift retard is there for sure
superdve

Post by superdve »

That's awesome. I will bench flash it with the new firmware if you are happy with it.
It's a 71' Mopar with a 2JZGTE and A340E...it can use shift spark retard.

Can you share your CAN settings with me? Right now I have to grab "all vars" to get TPS/RPM to pass
between the MS3pro and and GPIO box.

Thanks for the reply!

Dave Buckshaw
Rukavina

Post by Rukavina »

Sitting in airport and did a quick check and yes general settings, idle up adjustments. You can set timing and air idle. And the other is under timing and fuel adjustments. I am running a 4l80e so my settings won't swap. Also it's better to tune yourself so you know all the details. =disclaimer= I am no expert but am willing to help anyway I can
superdve

Post by superdve »

I tried the new code and it shifted horrible, (a bunch of changes between 4.146)
but that code also didn't idle up or adjust timing. I think this has much more to do
with the proper CAN address offsets than a general error in the code.

I was thinking to try James Murray's code but James' code won't let us modify any
of the PRNDL settings and mine are unique.

The car shifts really well on 4.146 and if I could just get those messages fixed
for idle and timing I'd be able to finish the ECUs and move on to the rest of the
car.

I may simply need to learn to write my own code or pay someone to help me.
Otherwise I need a PCS controller to control the trans and that won't talk across
CAN easily.

How does your 4L80E work on this code BTW? I'd still like to see your .MSQ file.
Oh and what version of MS3 code are you running?
Rukavina

Post by Rukavina »

Driving from Miami to Vegas. Rescue the x wife :evil: anyway I am on ms2 v3 code msextra 3.4.2 and gpio w/ 5201. Other than a new issue with the vss page in tuner studio crashing due to a stack overflow..... if I remember right..... that started on the last upgrade. They are going to fix it in the next version and I think Lance did something to gpio code also for that because after I had the issue he put out 5202 within a week or so. Gpio runs great for me. I don't have a lot of time on it. Maybe 10000 miles if that. I had made a sine to square wave converter that worked well but was doubling the signal in and from what I had read interferes with the overhead so I did the drac mod recently and other than the vss frequency sticking on 27 hz once it sees a signal ( new gpio board with nothing connected but power and signal generator so not sure if it's a code thing or hardware but it affects nothing when driving and speedo does drop to 0) so I do need to retune but I can send you some stuff when I get a chance. I have some posts about the code issue floating around. I have no issue with pressure control with mine. I have a real Guage on mine and it does whatever I tell it to. It dithers and drops during shifts like programmed. I run full pressure when not shifting and pulls like a real truck should. I will post msq's when I get a chance
superdve

Post by superdve »

In case I didn't mention this. I have the trans shifting really nicely on 4.146 and once I added a PWM for the backfill accumulator solenoid the
part throttle and garage shifts were much nicer. The converter is tight and it would be nice to be able to idle up when I transition from P to R and P to D, etc. I just don't know what the proper CAN offsets are on Megashift to work with MS3pro on 1.4.0. If I knew what version of MS3pro firmware you were running and just your CAN settings I could test this on the bench.

The unstable idle would probably go away with a looser converter and that is next up, but certainly it makes sense to tune for worst case, hardest conditions.

For your other thread, I'm using a Dakota Digital SGI5 box to help filter my VSS and I have a "digital" input to the GPIO...fixed about 99% of my VSS issues.