gpio connection error

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Rukavina

gpio connection error

Post by Rukavina »

truck sat for a week and when I tried to start the battery was weak and didn't crank well. turned it off and put on charge overnight
debug.zip
(188.41 KiB) Downloaded 1140 times
. went to start and noticed I had lost tune. flashed .s19 and loaded tune. as I was checking all my settings I would open up the vss page and I would get a bunch of different cascading errors from can bus to protocol, then tuner studio would disconnect and when I would reconnect everything in gpio would be rubbish. I have removed and reloaded tuner studio from laptop, I have downloaded and reflashed s19 and ini several times. I posted on msextra tunerstudio forum at first thinking it was a ts issue. phil looked at my comm debug log and he thought it was the firmware. I redid it all again and nothing has worked. before I pull the trigger and order another gpio board can I get a second opinion and any other things I can try? is there a way to do a hardware memory check? here are some of the logs and the s19 I used
mseror.pdf
(568.05 KiB) Downloaded 1166 times
debug.zip
(188.41 KiB) Downloaded 1140 times
NewZip.zip
(5.11 KiB) Downloaded 1168 times
Rukavina

Re: gpio connection error

Post by Rukavina »

beforevsserror2017-04-25_09.18.22.msq
(118.56 KiB) Downloaded 1185 times
GPIO_MShift_5201.ini
(316.19 KiB) Downloaded 1201 times
Monitor_5201.abs.s19
(88.8 KiB) Downloaded 1286 times
Rukavina

Post by Rukavina »

I need help!

I went out today and reloaded everything. ms2 firmware and gpio firmware no matter what I do soon as I open the project with both controllers and open the vss configuration page all heck breaks loose, get a cascade of errors and ts shuts down comms with the gpio. then when I get back into the gpio all that is left of the tune is gibberish. both firmwares are new and tuner studio is the current version. there is a post in msextra/tunerstudio under the same topic. I am about to order another board but I would feel better knowing I have a bad board before I do
Matt Cramer

Post by Matt Cramer »

Are you using a USB adapter, or a direct serial connection? If it's a USB adapter, what sort?
Rukavina

Post by Rukavina »

Both USB adapters are prolific ftdi adapters running 2008 drivers so they don't have the 2015 driver issues with the validation bit issue. I have had and used both on a regular basis with this. I went and built another board and am installing tomorrow. I had built a vss square wave adapter from one of these posts in 2014. This time I went and changed to a drac module and I need to add 1 wire to the trans loom. Will post results
Rukavina

Post by Rukavina »

I am posting in several locations in hopes someone can figure this out. same results. ordered new gpio from diy, built it, other than upgrading to a drac its the same setup that has been flawless for 3 years. so the issue was not a hardware issue with the board.-now I have a spare ;) - I can load tune and configure thru serial directly. I can connect thru can and see data but soon as I open vss page I get can config errors ,corrupted data ( after today I think its in tuner studio only because when I reconnected back directly to gpio it had correct tune- need to verify that) main controller is 0 gpio is 1. I posted in msxtra/tuner studio and phil looked at some comm logs but nothing conclusive ........
Rukavina

Post by Rukavina »

forward from msextra/tunerstudio post

so I have reloaded firmware on both the squirt and the gpio deleted and reinstalled tuner studio bought and built another gpio to eliminate a hardware issue redownloaded and reflashed the firmware for the gpio( its the same version for over a year and a half) so if its a firmware issue why all of a sudden and I have used the firmware from when I originally downloaded it and also did a fresh download at some point while trying to figure this out. I am at wits end of what to try and I have not seen a post from lance in awhile. the only one who chimed in over there was matt. I don't know what else to check