Zf4hp24

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Fozwanger

Zf4hp24

Post by Fozwanger »

Hi,
I've finally got round to building my controller and about to download the software, what shall I use for zf4hp24?
Shall I use the 4L60 or 4L80? I in some threads to use the 4L60 and others 4L80 so I'm a bit confused? I've build the board using as a 4L80.
Any help greatly appreciated
Jeff
steveh66

Re: Zf4hp24

Post by steveh66 »

Well you really want to build the board according to the transmission set up in solenoids and their configuration and other inputs / outputs. Your transmission may be different than the 4L80 configuration.

As for the code - i forget what i downloaded but i think i just used the 4L80 and modified it from there. My transmission is way different than the 4L80 and luckily way easier.

Steve
Fozwanger

Post by Fozwanger »

Thanks for the reply. I have the solenoid config as well as everything else from a Zf4hp24 workshop manual, I'd just read somewhere that it was virtually the same as a more common box as I was hoping to adapt an existing code rather than start from scratch myself, work smart not hard....

Jeff
steveh66

Post by steveh66 »

I think you can grab any of the advanced codes versions and configure it your way to fit your needs. The code base code is good eight (8) potential shift solenoid outputs.

Load it up and play with it. It the best way ( and maybe the only way to learn) to learn.

Steve