shifter position switch required or not?

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
tmoble

shifter position switch required or not?

Post by tmoble »

I have a 4L60E out of a Impala police car. It apparently had the shift lever position sensor on the steering column since there was no room at all on the side of the trans for it. I thought I had to have it, so I bought a different shift shaft that stuck out of the case further and installed it. I rounded up the switch sensor gizmo that bolts to the side of the trans, installed it. It has two electrical connectors on it. Now, I'm looking through the wiring diagrams getting ready to install and wire this thing and I don't see anything about connections to it. This is in a 57 Chevy pickup with a TPI 355, so there's nothinh on the truck.

So, do I need wiring to this switch gizmo or not? If so, is there a wiring diagram that shows how to hook it up somewhere?
Rukavina

Re: shifter position switch required or not?

Post by Rukavina »

4l80e setup that I have does not use exterior sector switch. All it uses is the internal pressure switches on the valve body. 4l60 is same i believe except for a few of the settings.
tmoble

Re: shifter position switch required or not?

Post by tmoble »

Thank you for taking time to reply.
RafaelLix

shifter position switch required or not

Post by RafaelLix »

I know the answer is somewhere here, does anyone know how to get the shifter straight up? Not at that 30 degrees to the right. I have Daves Short Shifter.