output3 pt1 pwm4

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Rukavina

output3 pt1 pwm4

Post by Rukavina »

parked project for awhile. getting ready to rebuild tranny. 4l80e. original setup was loaded on v4.xxx and want to get it all right on v5.102 before I do the build. question is output 3 on shift sol outputs. I noticed a discrepancy between what had loaded from gui67's msq from the old setup page for v4 and a post he had not to long ago for v5. 3rd gear and 4th gear are different between the two msq's. pulled out gm's 4l80 book and got part of it figured but as far as "output 3 pt1 pwm4 amp 34 sol32" there is not even a wire for amp 34 and their are only 2 solenoids for shifting thru the 4 gears. the other 2 solenoids are the "pc-pt2 pwm3 amp 33" and the "tcc pt3 pwm2 amp 32". what does output 3 do? I I read the pages and must be missing something. I though output 3 controlled the tcc but that's "pwm2" and if in the code pwm4 also controls pwm2 why is it a shift sol output? would it "enable" the tcc to operate in specific gears? like a master enable that then lets it cycle as programmed?