47RE

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
MrJosh

47RE

Post by MrJosh »

Hello, as you may know I am new to this forum so if this is in the wrong place please delete it or move it. I am hoping to both rekindle the conversation about a 47RE controller and get information if anyone has used the GPIO-megashift to control one or what they have learned in the attempt. I spoke to a gentlemen from the tech support of DIY auto tune that told me Lance was the guy to talk to about this 47RE, the place to find him was here and that the "research" about building a standalone controller for this transmission ended in 2012. I have from both troubleshooting 47RE's and research determined the 47RE operates both electrically and it has a TV cable, with this said I think it would be a good idea to determine the exact function and purpose of the TV cable and how it can be correctly implemented when using a megashift to operate the electronics of the transmission. Anyways any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. My train of thought is to first get the 1-3 shifting properly then get the OD, Lockup functions working next.
Thanks in advance :D :D
-Josh
Bernard Fife

Re: 47RE

Post by Bernard Fife »

Josh,

I know quite a lot about the GPIO board and the MShift software that runs on, and I even know a little bit about automatic transmissions in general (and a fair bit about the 4L60e that was in my car). But I don't know anything at all about the 47RE except what has been posted here. The best starting place for what you will need to know is here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/newtrans.html and hopefully someone familiar with your trans can help fill in the unknown parameters.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Matt Cramer

Post by Matt Cramer »

A lot of the Mopar RWD automatics are a bit odd - instead of using discrete shift solenoids, they use a PWM circuit for the governor pressure, with closed loop feedback. It would require a code change to give an option of shifting by pressure control instead of solenoid patterns.
steveh66

Post by steveh66 »

Here is a bit more on the subject. and the 42RE to 48RE are all the the same controls - just different capability.

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 38&t=57476

Its a fully hydraulic control body with the EC controlling the torque converter lock up, 3 to 4 shifts, and governor pressure. That all. The governor pressure is control at 1 psi to 1 mph .

The older 42RH - 48RH had a hydraulic governor and may be easier to make work.