MegaShift problems / A340

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
puliukk0

Re: MegaShift problems / A340

Post by puliukk0 »

Its working much much better now.
I havent tested PWM 2 yet.

Only one problem, when i start car i have to be like 30-60secs still because it put 3 or 4 gear. When i wait that period, then it go 1 gear and i can use R and D lever.

I have to check my earth point, i move it to the engine (from firewall). Maybe thats doing some errors, like this and weird tempature readings.

-Sami
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Sami,

Thanks for testing this.

If you had a log of the problem where it "have to be like 30-60secs still because it put 3 or 4 gear", it might help me to understand what is going wrong at that point and if it can be fixed in the code.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
puliukk0

Post by puliukk0 »

Hi. Got some log now, in this log cannot see the cold start reversing problem.
Its 7.5mb how i can upload it here?

But TCC still doesnt work (on off on cycle). And line pressure doesnt work (Spare port 2)

Im thinking to do manual swap... :oops:

Oh and Merry Christmas!
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

piliukk0,

You can shorten any log to include only the relevant section(s). You do this with any text editor that doesn't add formatting to the file (for example notepad, or I use notepad++). Be sure to leave the header at the top of the file, and remove whole lines (i.e. don't leave part of a line in place).
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
anzelmi

Post by anzelmi »

piliukk0, have you got already the A340 operate properly?