GPOI To Ford CAN bus

A forum for discussing the applications and implementations of the DIY general code template for the GPIO and its 25 user inputs and outputs (+ serial & CAN). The code is 99% complete, the user just has to add their own conditional I/O logic and compile (with a free special Edition of CodeWarrior).
martinique78

GPOI To Ford CAN bus

Post by martinique78 »

Here is what I am trying to do.

I have a complete dash from a 2010 Ford Raptor that I want to put into and older truck. The older truck has no CAN network. I am not using the PCM from the donor vehicle. So I can not get any of the signals for the vehicle speed, oil pressure, rpm or temp since they come across the CAN bus. Stand alone will the GPIO board take the signal from the sensors on the project vehicle and translate them to a CAN message to the factory IP from the donor truck?

Any help is much appreciated

Kevin
Bernard Fife

Re: GPOI To Ford CAN bus

Post by Bernard Fife »

Kevin,

The short answer is no.

The long answer is maybe but it's a long shot. You would need to know everything about the dash's CAN memory layout and protocol so that you could exchange the specific contents of memory on the various devices you wish to communicate with each other. I don't know of any such source of that information (you would probably need to talk to the software engineers that designed the dash).

There's more on CAN here: http://www.megamanual.com/com/CAN.htm

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw