New to the forum but I haven't had to post as I've had great luck with my MS2 and Megashift combination - until now. I was running Code 2.920 and MShift 4.127 in my car, connecting using Tunderstuido 2.0.8. I had gotten the combo running 2 years ago, but didn't do much tuning due to an ignition noise issue that I could not figure out. After a long hiatus, I resumed working on the car, upgraded my distributor (and fixing an ignition noise issue) and was ready to hit the road and start tuning. However Tunerstudio forced me to upgrade to verson 3.0.10, and it all fell apart. What happens is when I turn on the car, the ECU comes online, then TS finds CAN1, then everything goes offline for a second, comes back online, goes offline, and then it happens all over again, indefinitely. Basically it seems that TS cannot find CAN1. Again no changes to the ECU settings, just a tunerstudio update. I cannot load my previous version of Tunerstudio as it forces an update (which is odd, that it does this even if my computer is disconnected from the internet).
I can get TS to connect to my MS2, and I can get it to connect to the MSGPIO, individually. However, when I try and connect them together in TS, the project seems to think the MSGPIO should be using 2.920 firmware, which is clearly not correct. See attached screenshot of the error message.
I upgraded the MSGPIO to MSShift 5.201, and updated all my settings. Then in my main project I updated the CAN ECU definition to 5.201. It still doesn't connect. I am at this point out of the car and on the bench using a JimStim and wirng between the MS2 and MSGPIO. Even if I start a new project, and have TS detect the firmware, it correctly detects the 5.201 but says there's a mismatch and expects 2.920 instead.
I guess my question is if anyone has had this issue before. I know this is more of a tunerstudio question but I decided to post here since there's more experience connecting via CAN. I think it may be an issue with how TS is saving a configuration file, but that's just a guess.
- Firmware Mismatch.JPG (36.05 KiB) Viewed 5228 times
What I find frustrating, is that everything was working fine, and it was the upgrade to TS that caused my problem. Reviewing your post, it seems you were in a similar situation, where it was simply an upgrade to Windows 10 that caused your setup to become problematic. From my POV it seems there is an issue with TS that is not recognizing the appropriate files and configurations.
That said, I will upload my project files as requested to make sure everything looks OK.
Note that I changed the file extension from .tsproj to .pdf to allow it to be attached. For some reason the board would only allow files with certain extensions to be attached. This will have to be manually changed back for opening with TS. I apologize for the inconvenience.
- My Car 1 with MSGPO.pdf
- (644.36 KiB) Downloaded 163 times